As jobs in these areas become available and the NZBI notified they will be posted in this section.
- MPI, Biosecurity New Zealand
- Local government
- Research consultancies
- Pest control contractors
- Non-governmental Conservation organisations
- Crown Research Institutes (CRIs)
- Tertiary education sector
- Ecological conservation
If you have a job you want to advertise here please contact the National Secretary Diane Fraser:
Unitec Institute of Technology
Victoria Street West
Expressions of Interest - Biosecurity Consultant - Boffa Miskell Ltd
We are growing our biosecurity capabilities and are now seeking expressions of interest from passionate and talented biosecurity professionals who are interested in joining our team of consultants. By joining our high-performing and experienced biosecurity team, you will further develop your biosecurity experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
These positions will see you working alongside a team of friendly, supportive, and passionate biosecurity professionals, who excel at what they do. As a Biosecurity Consultant, you will work collaboratively alongside clients, subcontractors, landowners, and the public across a variety of landscape-scale projects, to effectively deliver biosecurity services in wilding trees, aquatic and terrestrial pest plant and pest animal management. These roles have a mix of office-based responsibilities and field work, and time away from the office will be required.
We are looking for people at various levels from early/mid-career through to senior with the following skills and attributes:
- At least two years’ professional experience in biosecurity and/or project management (essential);
- A relevant professional qualification in an area related to the environment (essential) and project management (preferred);
- Knowledge of New Zealand’s biosecurity issues, pest species and control techniques;
- A passion for biosecurity, and a strong desire to help protect New Zealand’s environment;
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to work and liaise with colleagues, external consultants, subcontractors, and clients;
- Be hungry to learn and a desire to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and a solution-focused attitude;
- An understanding of risk management principles and their application (including Health and Safety best practice);
- The ability to effectively prioritise, allocate, manage time, and keep to timelines;
- Well-developed skills in project and contract management (desirable);
- Tech savvy - experience in the use of GIS software and related tools would be advantageous;
- A current and full New Zealand drivers’ licence.
Boffa Miskell is a leading New Zealand professional services consultancy, that is focused on better outcomes for our environment. We are entirely employee-owned and growing, with an increasingly diverse portfolio of clients and projects. We offer a supportive, flexible and collaborative working environment and value having an inclusive and diverse workplace. We offer ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development to ensure that our people can excel and grow.
Check out some of our exciting projects and activities on our website or by visiting: https://www.linkedin.com/company/boffamiskell/
If this sounds like your next career move we look forward to hearing from you by Monday, 8 June 2020.
Please note, we like to consider applications as they are received so encourage you to get in touch with us as soon as possible.