As jobs in these areas become available and the NZBI notified they will be posted in this section.
- MPI, Biosecurity New Zealand
- Local government
- Research consultancies
- Pest control contractors
- Non-governmental Conservation organisations
- Crown Research Institutes (CRIs)
- Tertiary education sector
- Ecological conservation
If you have a job you want to advertise here please contact the National Secretary Alice McNatty:
Hawke’s Bay Regional Council
159 Dalton Street, Napier 4110
Auckland Council - Environmental Services – Multiple Roles
Calling all environmental heroes!
- Are you passionate about the natural environment?
- Is protecting New Zealand’s ancient and precious native flora and fauna for future generations important to you?
- And do you want to come to work every day knowing that you are making a real difference?
There are exciting times ahead for our Environmental Services department as we invest in a suite of programmes ranging from pest control in parks, to kauri dieback, to amplifying community-led conservation action. As a result of significant new investment in the natural environment being funded through the Natural Environment Targeted rate, we have a range of great opportunities to join us.
Have a look at what we’ve got on offer:
- Senior Biosecurity Advisors (Marine, Plants, Freshwater, Inner Hauraki Gulf, Great Barrier, Pathogens)
- Biosecurity Advisors
- Kauri Dieback Advisors
- Senior Biodiversity Advisor
- Restoration Advisors
- Senior Bio Information Analyst
- Bio Information Analysts
- Bio Information Team Manager
You will be working with amazing people who share your passion for the environment where no two days are the same and your skills are put to the test!
We’ll help you grow and develop in a supportive, fun and flexible environment. All of our staff development and support initiatives are geared to achieve a single goal – that “every single staff member leaves work every day feeling valued and fulfilled”. Working in Environmental Services, you’ll build your experience across a large range of programmes and environmental areas. Together, we’ll make a difference to our environment.
Please check out our vacancies, we’re keen to hear from you:
Epro Animal Pest Control - Taupo
Looking for a career in Biodiversity?
Are you keen on working and playing in the outdoors? Looking for a career that adds value to New Zealand’s biodiversity values and allows your recreational interests to flourish? Want to add practical skills and experience to your tertiary qualifications?
If the answer to any or all of the above is yes, then Epro has an employment opportunity that will meet your needs and provide challenges.
Epro is a progressive, privately owned, high performing pest management company committed to delivering specialised services to our clients and achieving quality results. We have experienced consistent success and enjoy working hard as a team. To continue our journey, we have created an exciting opportunity for suitably enthusiastic and well-motivated individuals to join our successful team.
We have been providing animal pest control services to a range of clients including TBfree New Zealand Limited, forestry companies and regional councils for 20 years from our Taupo base.
Due to exciting opportunities in the industry, including Predator Free NZs aspirational goal of having New Zealand predator free by 2050, we now have vacancies for Field Operators to join our Taupo based team.
This role can be physically demanding and is an all year, all conditions role so you will need to be:
- physically fit
- competent and confident working in the outdoors
- able to work unsupervised or in small teams
- passionate about improving our natural environment
- a team player
- willing to stay away from home as and when required to complete allocated tasks.
As well as this you would ideally have:
- completed a course of relevant tertiary study; this position would ideally suit students studying in an environmental / ecology / conservation field
- a clean class 6 licence; minimum class of Restricted and ability to gain Full
- experience working outdoors or have a background in farming, hunting, working in the rural environment or other outdoor activities
- previous pest control experience (possums)
- a focus on Health and Safety.
Other attributes that would be an advantage but are not preclusive as full training will be given to successful applicants would be:
- NZQA Unit Standards in Motorcycle, LUV or 4WD use
- an Approved Handlers or Controlled Substances Licence
- a Comprehensive First Aid Certificate
- ability to use electronic devices such as GPS and personal digital assistant (PDA) units, or the ability to develop competency.
Applicants must be honest and reliable, presentable and be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
The position is full time, normal hours of work are 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday with some weekend work required at times, (overtime paid for pre-approved extra hours at normal hourly rate).
This role will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to:
- experience a role that contributes to New Zealand’s aim of being predator free and contribute to overall biodiversity gains from pest control activities in general
- develop skills to enhance your ability to apply for future roles in environmental or conservation-based employment
- live and work in an outstanding outdoors environment beside the Great Lake.
Please include a cover letter and CV detailing your previous experience and qualifications and send to:
Postal Address: Epro, PO Box 1748, Taupo 3351
Applications Close: 4pm 12 July 2019